***Our Zapier application is now Global! Learn how to send info collected by a flow to Zapier here***
Use this guide to learn how to send information collected by your flows to one the 500+ apps available on Zapier. Specifically, this guide will show you how to post information collected by a flow to a Slack channel. Slack is a platform for team communication: everything in one place, instantly searchable, available wherever you go. Offering instant messaging, document sharing and knowledge search for modern teams. Don't have an invite link? Click here.
How it Works
- A contact reaches a Webhook action in a flow.
- The fields created by the flow are sent to Zapier. These include your contact's phone number and responses to your questions.
- Zapier posts the information you choose to a Slack channel.
What You'll Need
Setting it Up
Zapier watches your apps for new data, and kicks off triggers and actions based on the rules you set. Each trigger and action pairing is called a 'zap', and each zap begins with a trigger. In this case, the trigger will be a contact reaching a Webhook action in your flow. Once you've created your Zapier and Slack accounts, you'll need to create the flow itself. Ask anything you want; the flow automatically records the phone number of each contact who enters it. Here's an example flow:
Next, navigate to your Zapier dashboard to start building your zap:
Creating the Trigger
Search the app directory for TextIt:
You can find your API token by clicking on the Webhook icon in your account page:
Once you've added your account, you'll be prompted to copy the URL provided:
In your flow, create a new Webhook action ("Make a call to an external server") with a POST request and paste the URL provided. Once configured, run your flow in the simulator to verify the Webhook is being called appropriately:
Creating the Action
- Selecting the channel to which you'd like the message to be posted.
- Creating the message template.
- Creating your Zapier 'bot'.
Once you've completed this step, test your zap and set it live. When your contacts reach the Webhook action your flow, the result will look something like this:
To learn how to start a flow via Zapier, click here.
Go with the Flow
- An E-commerce company can use TextIt to improve funnel abandonment by texting discount codes to customers who put something in their cart but don't purchase.
- An on-demand company can push text notifications when their delivery is on the way or manage a fleet of workers who won't be on computers but will always have their phones.
- Any company can measure Net Promotor Score or customer satisfaction by sending messages that are more likely to be read and responded to than any other form of communication.
Follow us on Twitter to interact with a chat application built with TextIt, or create a free account to build your own. You'll be sending messages in minutes! Get in touch anytime with any questions, comments, or suggestions.